Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Home, the one place where I don't feel alone.
Where the blue crystal skies
& the green hills lie.
Is where I want to be.
If only I was in Italy.
The fresh clean air
and the soft wind in my hair
Make me feel at ease
If I could, I would never leave
But Brooklyn is where I must be.
Although, knowing where you going
is knowing where you're coming from
& I come from the place
where the sun is in your face.

But I also come from the place
where the beach is your backyard
Life isn't all that easy, it's actually kind of hard.
Puerto Rico- you're where my heart is.
All the times I had with you when I was such a little kid.
You'll be with me forever,
when it gets hard.
& when the hard gets better.

Ireland, oh, the stories that I hear
Of how beautiful you are.
the hills and hills of grass
and how the time can just pass
the sweet smell of nature
Its something you can't deny.
You don't want to leave so badly, you almost want to cry.
This is where I come from.
There's more than what meets the eye.
You have to look deep inside.
To see, where someones true beauty lies

I'm proud of who I am.
As I go through life saying "I can"
as long as I follow my dreams
even through the pain and screams.
I might not know where I'm going, but I know where I come from.



No comments:

Post a Comment