Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Poem

Pep Rally

Why do they force us to come to these stupid pep rallies?
I don’t want to be here.
I’m not feeling peppy, and the pep rally isn’t helping.
These things are only set up so that the cheerleaders can show off,
And all the boys can drool over them -
Especially Andrea Herkimer.
I don’t actually hate Andrea, since we’ve never spoken.
           This poem has always been one of my favorites. It wasn't just a poem that I read, liked, and moved on to the next one. It actually made me think. I felt like I and other people could relate to it on many levels. It had a much deeper meaning then what it came across as.
           I feel like this poem explains how most teenage girls feel. We're upset most of the time, envy other girls, and want boys to like us. This is hard to deal with because we feel like we have to be perfect. Image, jealousy and popularity are such a big part of girls' lives, which is why this poem was so easy to relate to.
           I think this poem is go for girls out there who don't revolve their life around their image, but still want to be noticed. I think every girl wants to be noticed, drooled over, and told how amazing they are. But when you're not on the cheerleading team, popular, or as outgoing as other people, it's very hard to get attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment